2022.08.29 Started Wildtoys Migration to Blogger

I've been planning to do this for some time and decided today was the day. The idea is to migrate my Wildtoys site so the content will perpetuate - the problem with hosting your own website is that if something were to happen to me, the content would eventually only be accessible through the wayback machine or similar sites. With blogging sites, and blogger in particular since it's owned by Google, the content will remain even after I'm no long around to maintain the hosting site.

With that in mind, I had started migrating the Shogun Warriors section a few years ago, then got too focused on building out new content on shogunwarriors.org (hosted by Blogger) so my plan to migrate everything else has fallen fallow. Today, 2022.08.29, I've started moving the Major Matt Mason area over. To do this I'm basically copying the text and uploading images to the blogger-hosted instance. You'll see, if you care to compare, that the format and layout are different - that's by design. An additional benefit of this migration is that the new site is both secure (with an "https" URL) and will conform to handheld devices - something that wasn't too important back when I hand-coded the Wildtoys site back in the late 90's.

If you see any issues please let me know. I'm sure I'll miss stuff.

-- John

1 comment:

WSmith said...

Thanks for doing this John. I was so disappointed to see the WildToys and Keith’s Space Station websites disappear. Glad to find not all is lost. It’s obvious alot of effort went into creating WildToys and it was always enjoyable visiting the site.